Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

S'mores Lava Cakes

My darling husband wanted lava cake tonight so being the wonderful wife I am I said sure sweetie!!



I wanted a new take on lava cakes. I have made cherry lava cakes, regular lava cakes, caramel ones which were a HUGE mess and I was thinking what goes great with gooey, melty chocolate. The answer?!?!?!? Marshmallow!!! So the S'more lava cake was born!! This is a mix of many different recipes that I have tried. 


S'mores Lava Cakes 

Ingredients:
chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 egg yolks
2 eggs

2 graham crackers
marshmallow fluff
mini marshmallows


First pre-heat oven to 425. Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. I do 2 handfuls of chocolate chips. 


Yummy melted chocolate goodness!!


Add both sugars. 


Add eggs


Then whisk in flour. 


The batter is supposed to be runny. 


Pour into 4 greased ramekins. 


Add 10 mini marshmallows. 


Place into a pan and bake 13 - 16 minutes. They should be completely set on the top and outside. 


Like this!!! Look at that nice crunchy marshmallow!!


Then prepare topping!!


Get ready to flip!



Success!!!!


Top with some fluff and a graham cracker and take a bite!! NOM!



Pre-taking a bite 


Plated to share with a wonderful man!!



Viola!! Enjoy

3 comments: