Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Self Frosting Cake

Here is a great recipe for you!!!! I bet others have come up with this idea but here is mine that I came up on a whim when I was tired and wanted cake. I had no powdered sugar left so this was my solution!!!



First whip up any white or yellow cake. I used a pound cake recipe that my family has used for years. Any white or yellow cake recipe will work.

Then place 1 1/2 cups of batter in a well (and I mean well) greased bundt pan. Then using Hershey's syrup pour some on top of your batter. I did about 7 passes around the pan.



Then add the rest of your cake batter and bake for directed time and add 5 minutes.


It should look like this when fully cooked. Make sure to tap the cake to make sure its done.


Let cool about 10 minutes and carefully flip onto a cooling rack. Hope you greased it well!!


Viola!!!! Self frosted cake!! Enjoy

 I sure did!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Have you tried it with other toppings? I wonder how hot fudge, caramel or butterscotch would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet hot fudge would be amazing!! I use a pillsbury hot fudge monkey break recipes and I bet the topping for that would would fantastic! Its basically hot fudge and marshmallow and butter.

    I tried it once with caramel and it was interesting to say the least!!! Half the cake stuck to the pan and while it was definitely caramel tasting, it had a interesting texture. It was almost like a crystallized caramel candy on the outside.

    ReplyDelete